Location: Tulsa, OK
Location: Tulsa, OK
- Provides oversight to the estimating process and estimating team.
- Seeks potential project to bid, updates and maintains bid log.
- Determines scope of work & accurate quantities, including cost, prior to bid review. Develops complete understanding of all project requirements. Reviews bid quantities, scope of work, specifications, plans, and bid documents.
- Reviews estimate and job scope to prepare proper paperwork for project commencement. Conducts site visits, gathers relevant information, and attends pre-bid meetings.
- Solicits material suppliers and subcontractors for quotes/proposals.
- Reviews quotes/proposals to determine accuracy and scope gaps.
- Executes bid book, including all supporting bid documents, including bid bond.
- Prepares estimates utilizing HeavyBid inputting labor, equipment, materials, and subcontractors.
- Performs detailed take-off of plans utilizing estimating software (i.e., Bluebeam, Stack, Earthworks, etc.) Maintains open communication with engineers, Superintendents, & Project Managers.
- Reviews and acknowledges Addendum/CM Clarification.
- Communicates with management on any issues that may arise during scoping and estimating of project; Follows-up on submitted proposals/bids and tries to determine competitiveness. If possible, receive feedback for future bids.
- Imports HeavyBid budget into HeavyJob; Compiles list of material suppliers and subcontractors to be utilized on the project.
- Conducts project hand-off meeting with Project Managers that includes project plans, SOV specifications, supporting documents and assumptions made during the estimating process.
- Support project management, including clarifications, change orders, and quantity calculations as needed.
- Provides reports and feedback to management as needed.
- Develops strategy with management on different business verticals.
- Additionally, reviews accuracy of bid production rates and appropriate mark-ups.
- Updates HeavyBid (i.e., Labor, Equipment, and Fuel Rates) Develops and maintains effective relationships with customers, subcontractors, and suppliers that reflect and support company core values.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, identify challenges, draw valid conclusions, and develop appropriate solutions.
- Experience in road construction required
- HeavyBid experience is preferred
- Must be able to work as a team player with a diverse group of people.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to read and understand project specifications, plans and blueprints. Knowledge of construction, including materials and methods needed to complete project successfully.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to use a smart device.
- Prior experience with estimating is required, preferably with a city or other civic municipality.
- Knowledge of Heavybid Estimating Software is a plus.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Bachelor of Science in Construction Management, Engineering, or similar with 10+ years of estimating and/or project management experience on civil construction projects.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on computer.