Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Develops plans and specifications, performs analysis, and provides reports on assigned tasks involving design and construction of new facilities or operation and maintenance of existing facilities. Technically involved in the resolution of equipment and operational problems that may include performing field investigations or inspections, performing design work, and detailed checking of design computations done by others, or general coordination of specific design aspects into a project.
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY
Responsibilities are varied and complex. Often works outside the area of assigned duties. Applies advanced skills in multiple areas. Resolves complex issues that impact business operations both inside and outside one's own department. Makes unreviewed decisions related to the area of responsibilities. Opinions carry significant weight in policy and strategy decisions.
- Creates and updates engineering standards, policies, guidelines and ensures procedures are in place for compliance with these policies.
- May communicate with regulatory bodies and government agencies.
- Acts as a resource for members with less experience, may direct the technical complexities of work.
- Plans, prioritizes, conducts and leads assignments.
- Serves as project or case manager in the development, facilitation, and implementation of metrics, processes and procedures.
- Meets with general public and/or developers, landowners, and interest groups concerning zoning, subdivision projects, building projects, and engineering regulations, standards, or policies.
- Provides technical presentations to elected officials, appointed boards/commissions, the public, and staff.
- Core responsibilities focus on operational/tactical aspects of the organization and some strategic focus.
- Leads lower level Engineers in project completion.
- May act in a liaison capacity with other departments, divisions, and organizations.
- Functions as quality inspector or defines quality requirements on engineering designs and projects.
- Manages budgets, schedules, and resources for small to medium sized projects.
- Reviews and critiques proposed changes to engineering standards, policies and guidelines.
- Review development plans for compliance with adopted engineering standards and good engineering practices.
- Conducts surveys to gather field data.
- Prepare and interpret schematics, drawings, layouts and other visual aids.
- Solves problems and develops solutions that call for original approach, based on thorough and comprehensive research and technical expertise.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering And 6 years related engineering experience (at least 4 years as an Engineer and a maximum of 2 years related experience which may include non-Engineer experience such as Engineering Internship, Design, Drafting, and Engineering Tech experience. This type of experience will be counted at half rate.)
- Valid State Driver’s License.
- Professional Engineer designation
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAS)
- Exceptional communication skills (oral, written, and presentation).
- Exceptional problem solving skills.
- Able to lead and direct the work of others.
- Excellent project leadership skills.
- Work independently; with guidance in only the most complex situations.
- Self motivated.
- In depth knowledge and experience in multiple engineering initiatives.
- Ability to work within stringent deadlines.
- Able to manage multiple projects with shifting priorities.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with diverse personalities.
- Team Player.
- Strong problem solving, organizational and analytical skills.
- May require travel.
- May be required to work non-standard work schedules.
- May be exposed to extreme conditions and inclement weather.
- May be required to work at heights up to and exceeding thirty (30) feet, underground and in confined spaces.
SPECIAL SAFETY REQUIREMENTS
All positions in which driving is an essential function of the job, regardless if the job code is marked safety sensitive or not, will also be included as safety sensitive. Individuals in positions in which driving is an essential function are subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the company's Drug Testing Plan.
- This position is classified as a Safety-Sensitive Job under state law. Individuals in this position are subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the company's Drug Testing Plan.