Assistant VP, Director of Accounting
Location: Tulsa, OK
Our company underwrites specialty commercial insurance and contract surety products. We specialize in general liability, commercial auto, umbrella and inland marine coverages. With a long history of financial strength and stability, our company is rated "A+" (Superior) by A. M. Best.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop and direct the implementation of accounting policies and operations of accounting systems, budgeting, and financial report preparation to assure creation of meaningful information to aid in management decision-making.
- Direct the activities to maintain general ledgers and the resultant financial reports.
- Review management reports and other work products of the unit.
- Oversee the compiling, consolidating, and analyzing of accounting and finance information for the production of statements, schedules, filings and reports of a complex nature.
- Direct activities associated with maintaining ledger accounts and the development of financial statements and reports.
- Provide tactical leadership and strategic direction to improve the efficient operation and cost-effectiveness of processes and programs.
- Has accountability for performance, development, and coaching of staff.
- Verify and update internal controls to maintain adequacy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree and generally 10 years of related experience, which includes 4 years of management experience.
- Insurance industry accounting experience is required.
- A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification is strongly preferred.
- Experience using Workday accounting systems is a plus.
- Public accounting audit assurance experience is a plus.