System Analyst - Remote Position
- Perform ongoing support of high-availability Splunk platforms including performance analysis, client health, installation and upgrades, Index management.
- Investigate and correct issues by working with the Splunk vendor to identify issues and correct with appropriate measures.
- Fulfill ongoing Splunk data requests for new data indexes or modifications to existing data indexes.
- Identifying and applying security updates to Splunk specific platforms to address ongoing security vulnerabilities.
- Installation of functionality updates and upgrades to new versions of Splunk software.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree; computer sciences, other related field; Working knowledge of current infrastructure technologies.
- Strong server and client experience; including Windows, Unix (Including Linux).
- Preferred SQL working knowledge; including query creation and basic database structure knowledge.
- IP networking
- Knowledge of Active Directory, permission hierarchy and group policy; management
- Event monitoring, logging and data collection techniques
- Experience with the application of math, algebra and statistical and volumetric methods.
- Familiarity with virtualization; technologies (VMWare, HyperV)
- Workstation operating systems software
- Computer hardware
- Security administration
- Knowledge regarding how to identify, research and analyze systems software; problems and perform systems evaluations.
- Demonstrated ability to research, prepare and compose systems operating; procedures and documentation, reports, and correspondence.
- Demonstrated ability to interact, advise, guide, train and communicate; effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to read and write fluently in English
- Mobility to travel in and around office facilities system wide.
- May be required to lift 50 lb. and be able to install equipment under desks; or in ceilings.
- Communicate and/or exchange information or instructions.
- Visual ability sufficient to perform job duties.