- Posted 21 September 2022
- Location Oklahoma City, United States of America
- Job type Contract
Coordinator Construction Reg
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
- Responsible to perform duties safely to adherence with IIF (Incident and Injury Free) culture.
- Responsible for coordination of activities associated with the construction and maintenance of transmission and/or distribution line facilities to assure maximum productivity.
- Complex responsibilities related to primary focus of job area.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Resolves most questions and problems.
- Refers only the most complex issues to higher levels.
- Fully understands principles of technical field.
- Promote a safety culture by performing duties consistent with IIF.
- Assists the Supervisor and/or Scheduler in the coordination, planning and proper work assignments for both internal and external construction crews.
- May act as the primary contact for contractors or company crews, as appropriate.
- Responsible for authorizing and communicating changes in project scope to contractors or company crews, as needed.
- Manages, coordinates, and schedules materials to ensure proper completion of project and ensures that excess material is returned, as required.
- Assists construction crews in the field by delivering materials, transporting equipment and assisting in the operation of equipment, as needed.
- Performs job site inspections to confirm job-site readiness and coordinates necessary resources to optimize manpower and equipment utilization.
- Responsible for verifying that locates have been obtained, jobs have been staked and necessary engineering prints are available.
- May monitor and assess progress for contractors, as needed.
- Ensure corrective actions are taken as necessary to ensure performance against contract and standards.
- Coordinates construction activities with other departments and outside entities as required.
- Arranges for the purchase or rental of tools and equipment as needed for crews.
- Requests switching and prepares switching orders and verifies the availability for line clearances and line switching through proper operating authority.
- Performs switching as necessary.
- Primary contact for contract crews on company property.
- Responsible for authorizing and communicating changes in scope. Coordinates scheduling and construction of all Break/Fix projects.
- Responsible for communicating the completion of work to the Project Owner and Resource Coordination.
- Responsible for assisting the crews in the field during service restoration efforts which may include coordinating service restoration activities, arranging for meals, lodging and coordination of materials and equipment.
- Assists with the investigation of damage claims.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with all departments of the Company to assure timely and efficient construction, maintenance or restoration of service to customers.
- Responsible for checking and verifying material lists and waving material for delivery.
- May perform duties of qualified observer when called upon in the field.
- Verify the Foreman's copy has been submitted and complete all necessary paperwork and ensure proper routing.
- Provide assistance to contractor with hot line holds and switching.
- Responsible for coordinating with Heavy Hauling for delivery of material and equipment.
- Requires wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- May be required to maintain permanent residence within 30 minute driving time to assigned work location.
- May be required to work overtime and weekends and holidays.
- May be required to work non-standard work schedules to include on- call.
- May be exposed to extreme conditions and inclement weather.
- Maintain or obtain all required certifications (e.g., switchman).
- May be required to successfully pass a comprehensive background check and meet requirements to obtain and maintain clearance to access government facilities (i.e. Tinker Air Force Base, Courthouse, etc.), as needed.
- Knowledge of transmission and distribution underground and overhead line facilities including switching.
- Strong computer skill including Microsoft office suite, SAP, Mobile Data Unit (MDU), and other company supported software.
- Strong ability to work in partnership with other members.
- Ability to communicate effectively in speech and writing.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with team members, leaders, and customers.
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnosis problems, and resolve effectively.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to understand and comply with company policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Demonstrated ability to adjust and adapt across varied working conditions.
- High School Diploma or GED. One (1) year journey-level Lineman with Distribution experience within the past Five (5) years.