Watch on YouTube:
Listen to or Subscribe to Weekend Plans on Soundcloud.
Hello everyone and welcome once again to another episode of Weekend Plans in Tulsa — your weekly coffee-run-length podcast that keeps you in the know about a variety of great events happening in Tulsa. This week, we will be talking about events taking place Friday, August 31st through September 2nd, 2018. Just a quick reminder, if you missed an event or would like to read up more on something we’ve mentioned, a full transcript of this podcast with links can be found at oaktreestaffing.com/blog.
Before we hop into it, I just need to remind you all who’s responsible for this podcast — the friendly folks at OakTree Staffing & Training. Whether you’re on the hunt for a great new job or your team is on the lookout for quality employee training, oaktreestaffing.com is your one-stop shop. Discover what OakTree can do for you today.
The weather for this upcoming weekend in Tulsa still unseasonably cooler than average, but hot none-the-less with a sunny and a high of 95 on Friday, partly cloudy and a high of 94 on Saturday and sunny with a high of 92 on Sunday.
Let’s kick off plans with the events happening all weekend long. First on our radar is the POSTOAK Wine and Jazz Festival at the POSTOAK lodge. Enjoy a variety of jazz performances from the likes of Grady Nichols and Leigh Nash. The weekend starts with a jazz dinner on Friday night a jazz brunches on Saturday and Sunday and music happening throughout the weekend. For additional information, head over to http://postoaklodge.com
If you’re in the mood to laugh, the Blue Whale Comedy Festival is coming through and with it, huge names in comedy all weekend long. Some nationally acclaimed comedians such as the very funny Maria Bamford and Tig Notaro are just some of the names on the bill. The event is taking place at venues throughout the Tulsa Arts District with more information at http://bluewhalecomedyfestival.com
This Friday night, if a ball game sounds more your speed, your own Tulsa Drillers will take the field against the Northwest Arkansas Travelers at ONEOK Field at 7:05pm. For more info on the game, head on over to http://tulsadrillers.com/
For live music happening all weekend long
Friday, August 31st
– Susan Herndon’s Happy Hour followed by Pete & Jennifer Marriot at Soul City
– David Hernandez Happy Hour followed by Echoes & Copycats, Strothers, Mu, Evan Hughes at the Colony
– Ryan McLoughlin at the Beehive Lounge
– Redwitch Johnny and Acid Queen at Mercury Lounge
Saturday, September 1st.
– Momma’s Boy, Sylvia Wrath, Planet What at Chimera
– Horned Wolf, Grass Giant, Death Mountain, Traveler at The Beehive Lounge
– Vintage Pistol at Mercury Lounge
– Ringo Starr and his All Starr Band at the Hard Rock Casino in Catoosa
– Isayah’s All Stars at the Colony
Sunday September 2nd.
– Gospel Brunch with Dustin Pittsley at Soul City
– Brandon Clark at the Mercury Lounge
– Paul Benjaman’s Sunday Nite Thing at the Colony
That will do it for this edition of Weekend Plans in Tulsa from OakTree. Again, just a reminder that if you’d like to learn more about any of these events, a full transcript with links is available at oaktreestaffing.com/blog for you to peruse.
Until next time, I’m Ken from OakTree and I hope you have a fantastic weekend.