Full Transcript with links:
Welcome, everyone to another episode of Weekend Plans in Tulsa — your brew-a-pot-of-coffee length podcast to help you discover exciting weekend events in Tulsa. This week, we’ll be covering August 3rd through the 5th 2018.
Before we get rolling with all of the great events happening this weekend, I just wanted to let you know about the podcast’s proud sponsor — OakTree Staffing & Training. Whether you’re looking to perpetuate your career or find quality training for your team — employee training, Microsoft training, IT training, you name it — OakTree has your back. You can learn all about what OakTree Staffing & Training can do for you by heading over to https://www.oaktreestaffing.com/
Before you head into the weekend, let’s take a gander at what weather you can expect. This Friday looks like it will be sunny with a high of 95, Saturday will be partly cloudy with a high of 94 and Sunday, just like Friday, will be sunny with a high of 95.
Let’s start with a few events happening all weekend long.
If you’ve been trying to find a time to see your Tulsa Drillers in action, you have plenty of opportunities this week as they take the field against the Arkansas Travelers, wait for it, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday — all games taking place at 7:05 pm at ONEOK Stadium.
Head over to http://tulsadrillers.com/ for ticket information.
Just a few blocks over, just outside of the BOK Center on 3rd street will be Beach Street, a two-day sand volleyball tournament. Yep, 32 teams and 1,000 tons of sand! The event will also feature a VIP pool and Saturday night glow party. To learn all about the fun, head over to http://beachstreettulsa.com/
For Friday, August 3rd…
It’s the beginning of a new month, so you know what that means — the First Friday Art Crawl in the Tulsa Arts District from 6 to 9 pm. This week, Tulsa Glassblowing School will give demonstrations, Magic City Books will have a Make Your Own Origami spot, and a variety of establishments will have their works and products on display. Learn all about it a http://thetulsaartsdistrict.org
This Sunday, the Power of Families will be hosting a Back To School Carnival at the Dennis R. Neill Equality Center at 621 E 4th. Bring the kids to enjoy some water slides, an obstacle course, arts and crafts, storytelling and preparation for the school year with some free school supplies.
Learn more about the event at http://facebook.com/thepoweroffamilies
Let’s take a look what live music is happening this weekend, starting with –
Friday, August 3rd
– Mountain Sprout & Deerpaw at the Shrine
– The Dirtbox Wailers at Soul City
– Straight Shot at the Hunt Club
– Green Corn Rebellion and klondike5 at pH Community House
– The Dull Drums at the Colony
– Robert Hoefling & Family and SCRONG at Blackbird On Pearl
– Round Up Boys at American Legion Post 308
– John Baumann at Mercury Lounge
Saturday, August 4th
– Green Corn Rebellion, Snobug, Bodeen and Jess Nolan at Soul City
– Cassi Stephan and the Midnight Sun & Jess Nolan at Mercury Lounge
– Knox Hamilton, Brother Sundance, and Future Tapes at the Vanguard
– Dylan Scott and Jesse Joice at Cain’s Ballroom
– Don White Band at the Colony
Sunday August 5th
– Sunday On The Green Music at Guthrie Green starts up at 2:30 pm and this week will feature Beau Roberson, Dustin Pittsley, Kalyn Fay, Rachel La Vonne, and Chris Lee Becker
– Paul Benjaman’s Sunday Nite Thing
That about does it for this episode of Weekend Plans in Tulsa brought to you by OakTree Staffing & Training in Tulsa, OK. To see a full transcript of this podcast, including links to all of the weekend events, head over to https://www.oaktreestaffing.com/blog to read everything I just said…and am saying now.
Until next week, I’m Ken from OakTree and I hope you have an incredible weekend.