Welcome everyone to another episode of Weekend Plans in Tulsa. This week, we’ll be covering all sorts of activities in Tulsa, Oklahoma during the weekend of July 27th through the 29th, 2018. I must start off with my sincerest apologies for last week. I had an allergy attack nobody wanted to hear me sniffle through the events with only one functioning nostril.
Before we catch the weekend events wave, I just wanted to let you know about the kind folks responsible for this podcast – OakTree Staffing and Training. Since 1995, the career professionals and training experts at OakTree have been knocking it out of the park — finding some severe career upgrades for people all over the country as well as finding organizations the finest employee training available. If you’d like to revamp your career or the skills of your team, visit oaktreestaffing.com and let them know you heard about this from Weekend Plans in Tulsa!
The weather for your weekend is actually cooling down quite a bit with highs in the 80s all weekend long. Well, I spoke too soon – the high on Friday is 90 with a chance of clouds. Saturday, the high is 88 and chance of showers. Sunday, the high is 83, also with a chance of showers.
Let’s start with events happening all weekend long.
You don’t have to be religious to be into Gospel music and you can get your fill this weekend at Gospel Fest – part of Oklahoma Music Hall of Fame’s Summer Concert Series at Hatbox Field in Muskogee. Artists from all around will be playing some solid Gospel grooves July 27th and 28th for you to enjoy. For more information, visit http://omhof.com
If you have plans for your house or you’re in need of some DIY inspiration, the Tulsa Home & Garden Expo will be at the River Spirit Expo at Expo Square right by the Fairgrounds. To learn more, head over to http://coxradiotulsa.com
If your chakras need some alignment, head on over to the I AM Yoga Festival on Saturday and Sunday as it takes over the Tulsa Garden Center 2435 S Peoria Ave and fills it with yoga, meditation, workshop and seminars. To learn more, visit
I AM Yoga Festival – July 28 & 29th
I AM takes over Tulsa Garden Center with a free-to-attend marketplace and more than 20 activities, including yoga classes, meditations, workshops, and seminars. To learn more, log on to http://iamyogafestival.com
The Film On The Lawn for this Friday night at the Philbrook Museum of Art is Ratatouille. Learn when, where and how by visiting http://philbrook.org.
This Sunday is all about island fun at the Cabin Boys Brewery off Utica throws their Land Locked Luaa. Throw on a grass skirt an obnoxious Hawaiian shirt as you enjoy some live music, Hawaiian tacos, island beer yoga, beer limbo, and you guesses it — just beer. Log on to http://cabinboysbrewery.com to learn more.
You can keep the shirt and the skirt on as you head over to the Hawaiian Dreams Urban Luau at Guthrie Green from 8pm-10pm. Learn all about the live music and festivities at guthriegreen.com.
If you still have World Cup fever, it doesn’t have to end. This Saturday, see your Tulsa Roughnecks FC take the field against the Fresno FC. Get the details at: http://www.roughnecksfc.com/
If you’re in the mood for some superhero themed drinking (I mean, who isn’t), don’t miss the Heroes vs Villians Bar CrawlChoose your side! Heroes begin at The Max Retropub, Villains begin at Inner Circle Vodka Bar, and everyone meets at The Center of the Universe to decide the fate of the universe after hitting five other participating bars first, of course.
To learn more, find the link at oaktreestaffing.com/blog — http://www.facebook.com/events/415266742285570/
For some live music this weekend, enjoy:
Friday, July 27
– Dean DeMerritt and Sean Al-Jibouri at Bistro at Seville
– Stephanie Oliver & Timbo Kelley at Lefty’s On Greenwood
– Deltaphonic at Mercury Lounge
– Soft Leather at Soundpony
– Knockin’ Chucks, Sketchy Trench, Kompulsive Child, BKR at Beehive Lounge
– Grand Marquis at the Oklahoma Jazz Hall of Fame
– Kalyn Fay – Happy Hour followed by Jared Tyler at the Colony
– Truegrit at Blackbird On Pearl
– Manta Rays, The Odyssey, Amerigo, The Shelter People, Moniker at Chimera
– My So Called Band at the Vanguard
– The Dirty Mugs, Caregiver to a Monster at the Yeti
– Weston Horn at George’s Pub in Jenks
Saturday, July 28
– Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks at Vanguard
– Niall Horan, Maren Morris at the BOK Center
– SteneRoller, Lost On Acoustica at George’s Pub in Jenks
– Chris Hyde at Lefty’s On Greenwood
– Barton & Long at The Colony
– Band of Horses at Cain’s Ballroom
– Don White Band at Soul City
– Dean DeMerritt Jazz Tribe ft. Sarah Maud at the Bull and Bear Tavern
Sunday July 29
Sunday July 29
– Mississippi Jake, Jillian Holzbauer at the Yeti
– Booker Gillespie at the Oklahoma Jazz Hall of Fame
– The Gospel Brunch with Dustin Pittsley & Friends at Soul City
– Paul Benjaman’s Sunday Nite Thing at the Colony
That will do it for this episode of Weekend Plans in Tulsa from your friends at OakTree Staffing and Training. In order to see a full transcript of this podcast with links, head on over to oaktreestaffing.com/blog. Until next time, I’m Ken and I hope you have an incredible weekend.