Hello everyone and welcome to yet another episode of Weekend Plans in Tulsa from your friends at OakTree Staffing & Training in Tulsa, Oklahoma. This episode will highlight the weekend of June 22nd through the 24th, 2018. This weekend contains some great community festivals, gatherings, comedy, and much more. Before we get started, I wanted to let you guys know how OakTree Staffing & Training can help you plan your next career move. If you’re on the lookout for a job upgrade, simply log on to https://www.oaktreestaffing.com/ and check out the many jobs we have available. Apply online and one of our career professionals can help you work on your resume or present yourself in an interview. You owe it to yourself to see what OakTree has in store for you.
The weather this weekend is sure to be outstanding. On Friday the high, yes the high will be 90 and partly cloudy, with a high on Saturday of 85 and a chance of rain and the high on Sunday being 91 and partly cloudy.
Ok, let’s get into the weekend!
Friday through Sunday, Oklahoma Music Hall of Fame is bringing you Soul Fest. Starting around 5:30pm running into the evening are a variety of soul greats, including Full Flava Kings, Branjae, and the Ohio Players. This festival will be taking place at Hatbox Field in Muskogee. See the full lineup at http://omhof.com/.
Also taking place all weekend is the 44th Annual Muscogee Nation Creek Festival in Okmulgee, OK. Live music ranging from Wynona & The Big Noise to Tonic, Everclear, and Craig Campbell. The event also boasts of tons of vendors as well as activities for the kids. To learn all about it, log on to http://creekfestival.com
If you’re in the mood for some baseball, your Tulsa Drillers will be taking the field against the Northwest Arkansas Naturals this entire weekend at ONEOK Stadium. Games on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday start at 7:05pm and on Sunday at 1:05pm. Learn more at http://tulsadrillers.com/
This Friday evening, enjoy Philbrook’s Film On The Lawn. The film this week is the musical favorite, Moulin Rouge. Log on to http://philbrook.org for all of the event details.
For some laughs, standup comedian and America’s Got Talent host Howie Mandel will be at the Hard Rock Casino in Catoosa, OK.
Bright and early on Saturday morning starting 8 AM is the Celebration of Reconciliation & Skunk Run in the Greenwood District & Guthrie Green. The Skunk Run is a great opportunity for Tulsans to unite to run or walk through the historic Greenwood District in remembrance of the 1921 Race Riots. In addition to running or walking, there will be speakers, vendors, and activities for the family. For full event details, head on over to ttp://www.facebook.com/SkunkLifeTulsa/
From Skunk to Punk, this Saturday is also the day to check out the Tulsa Punk Rock Flea Market at The Bond at 608 E 3rd St. From around noon till 7pm, more the 50 vendors of vintage clothing, band merch, music, artwork, and other in-betweens will be available. To learn all about it, log on to http://www.facebook.com/tulsapunkrockfleamarket/
That evening, enjoy some laughs at the wellRED comedy tour at Cain’s Ballroom featuring From Dixie With Love, Trae Crowder (aka: the Liberal Redneck), Drew Morgan, and Corey Ryan Forrester
Friday, June 22
– This Friday evening at Guthrie Green, enjoy some rock under the stars compliments of Horton Records. The evening will include Golden Ones, Helen Keller Skelter, Beechwood, Duel, and headliners Pallbearer. For more details, visit https://www.guthriegreen.com/event/horton-records-presents-pallbearer-at-guthrie-green/.
– Kashmir at the Shrine
– TFM and Acid Queen with Cucumber and the Suntans at Blackbird On Pearl
– Adam & Chris Carroll along with Chris Lee Becker at the The Colony
– Dante & The Hawks at The Hunt Club
– Wink Burcham at Soul City
Saturday, June 23
– Steelwind at Soul City
– George Harrison Tribute Show at the Colony
– Rob Aldridge and the Proponents at the Mercury Lounge
– Duane Peters & the US Bombs at the Shrine
– Yanni at the Hard Rock Casino in Catoosa, OK
– My So Called Band at the Vanguard
– Hosty at the Hunt Club
Sunday June 24
– the Dustin Pittsley & Friends Gospel Brunch at Soul City
– Brandon Clark at the Mercury Lounge
– Ronald Radford at the Oklahoma Jazz Hall of Fae
– A Michael Jackson Tribute Show at the Vanguard
– Sunday Concerts at Guthrie Green featuring some of Tulsa’s favorite ladies Briana Wright, Elizabeth Speegle and Faye Moffet
– Echoes & The Copycats along with Rach Bachman at the Yeti
– Ego Culture at the Hunt Club
– Paul Benjaman’s Sunday Nite Thing
That about does it for this episode of Weekend Plans in Tulsa, OK. Don’t forget that you can subscribe to this podcast on iTunes or your favorite podcast app. For a full transcript of this podcast with links, visit https://www.oaktreestaffing.com/blog.
Until next week, I’m Ken and I hope you enjoy this nice, cool, summer weekend!