Remember to subscribe to Weekend Plan in Tulsa on iTunes or your favorite podcast app!
Hey everybody, I’m finally back with another episode of Weekend Plans in Tulsa — the wait-for-water-to-boil length podcast about some of the best weekend events Tulsa has to offer. This episode, we’ll be diving into what’s happening the weekend of June 15 through the 17th in Tulsa, Oklahoma courtesy of your friends from OakTree Staffing & Training in Tulsa, OK
A quick sorry-not-sorry for a lack of episode last weekend. My wife gave birth to our first — a 7 pound, 4-ounce baby boy that couldn’t be healthier. That kind of occupied my week.
Just a quick word from the folks responsible for this podcast: OakTree Staffing & Training. Job hunting is the pits, but you don’t have to go it alone. The career professionals from OakTree work with you to find you the perfect position. You can learn all about them as well as read a transcript of this entire podcast with links at oaktreestaffing.com.
Before we hop into events, let’s take look at the weather for this weekend:
Friday is looking to be sunny with a high of 96 while Saturday and Sunday are looking partly cloudy with highs of 95 and 94.
Let’s look at some Tulsa events happening all weekend long.
Don’t miss a vast array of Juneteeth festivities happening in the Greenwood District this weekend ranging from food and music to movies. For a full list of Juneteenth events, log on to:
Watch some of the most marvelous creations take flight this weekend at the Tulsa International Balloon Festival. Hot air balloons of every shape, size, color, and theme will be on display along with food vendors, shopping, carnival rides, and much more. The event will be happening around the 7700 block of S Lewis with more information at http://tulsaibf.com
Is dad a bit of a baseball fan? This weekend at ONEOK stadium presents all of the baseball pops can handle as your Tulsa Drillers will take the field against the Northwest Arkansas Naturals on Friday and Saturday nights at 7:05pm and the Springfield Cardinals on Sunday at 1:05pm. For ticket information and more, log on to http://tulsadrillers.com/
The World Cup may be going on now, but you can also get your soccer fix right here in Tulsa as the Tulsa Fortuna Women’s Soccer team face off against the Little Rock Rangers this Friday night and the Texas Spurs this Sunday. Both games will be happening at the Hurricane Soccer & Track Stadium on the TU Campus
For some fun Friday night, the Starlite on 11th and Wheeling is excited to present their Third Friday Comedy series. A night of local comedians will be hosted by Laura Cook and Hilton Price. For more information, be sure to visit http://www.thestarlite.net/
Keeping with the comedic theme, funny man George Lopez will be bringing his tour through the 918 to the Hard Rock Casino this Saturday evening. Log on to http://www.hardrockcasinotulsa.com/Is dad for ticket information.
This Sunday, dads, kids, and the whole family can enjoy the Tulsa Aquarium’s own Pops and Pints Father’s Day Cookout from noon till three. An entry fee covers a cookout meal, catch-and-release fishing (I’m hoping not from the aquarium tanks) and even a cornhole tournament. Learn all about it at:
Is dad looking to rock this weekend? Let’s look at some live music happening this weekend, starting on Friday, June 15:
– Kyle Reid Album Release with Jared Tyler and Ken Pomeroy at the Woody Guthrie Center
– Mary Cogan at Lefty’s On Greenwood
– Robert Hoefling at Blackbird on Pearl
– Scott Musick & Friends at Soul City
– Justin Bloss Happy Hour at the Colony
– Damion at the Colony
– Dane Arnold and the Soup at Cabin Boys Brewery
– Lyrical Smoke at the Soundpony
– Robert Earl Keen at Cain’s Ballroom
– Dustin Pittsley at the Hunt Club
Saturday, June 16
– Ivory Deville and Acid Queen at the Mercury Lounge
– Saganomics and friends at the Yeti
– Mountain Deer Revival, Deerpaw, and klondike5 at Blackbird On Pearl
– Faye Moffett & the FM Band at Lefty’s On Greenwood
– Blues Society Showcase Show at Soul City
– Dead Metal Society at the Vanguard
– Sauce at the Colony
– Jesse Joice at the Hunt Club
– Carter Sampson and Rachel Bachman at Vox Pop Tulsa
Sunday June 17
– All About a Bubble at The Hunt Club
– Carlton Hesston at the Soundpony
– Liz Greuel and Sister Silent at the Yeti
– Brandon Clark at the Mercury Lounge
– Paul Benjaman’s Sunday Nite Thing at the Colony
That’s about all she wrote for this episode of Weekend Plans in Tulsa for June 15th through 17th, 2018. For a full transcript of this podcast with links, just head over to https://www.oaktreestaffing.com/blog/
Until next week, I’m Ken Lane from OakTree and I hope you have a dad-tastic weekend.