Welcome, everyone to the 2018 Memorial Day Weekend Edition of Weekend Plans in Tulsa brought to you by your good friends at OakTree Staffing & Training in Tulsa, OK. In this episode, we’ll be helping you make the very most of this upcoming Memorial Day weekend with all sorts of events taking place all over Tulsa, OK and the surrounding areas.
Before we get started, I just wanted to let you know who to thank for this podcast — the good folks at OakTree Staffing & Training. A Tulsa staple since 1995, OakTree is dedicated to finding amazing job opportunities for Tulsans just like you. Let a team of career professionals help you overhaul your resume, brush up on your job interview skills, and connect you with hiring managers from prestigious companies all over the country. To get help with your job search today, visit https://www.oaktreestaffing.com/
Heading into the weekend, let’s see just how much sunscreen you’ll need to lather on yourself. Friday is looking to be partly cloudy with high of 88, low of 70. Gradually heating up more as the weekend progresses, Saturday will be partly cloudy with a high of 92, low of 71 and Sunday will be Sunny with a high of 94, low of 71. Memorial Day will give you a touch of shade with partly cloudy, high of 94, low of 70.
Alright, let’s look into some events happening all weekend long!
If you’re ready to rock, there’s no better place to do so this weekend than at Rocklahoma in Pryor, Oklahoma. Enjoy the sounds of A Perfect Circle, Cheap Trick, The Cult, Stone Temple Pilots, Clutch, Andrew W.K., and so many more. See the full lineup and ticket information at http://rocklahoma.com
On Saturday and Sunday is the Habit Mural Festival. 20 artists from around the country will unite to transform the Gateway Building with amazing larger-than-life works of art. Learn all about it at http://habitfestival.com.
This Thursday night, don’t miss the continuation of Movie In The Park at the Guthrie Green with a showing of Wonder Woman. The events starts at 6:30pm with more information at https://www.guthriegreen.com/
– Philbrook’s Film On The Lawn for this Friday is none other than The Goonies. The cost for this movie under the stars is $8. Learn all about it at http://philbrook.org.
– How many soccer fans do we have listening? It’s the 918 versus the 405 this Saturday night as the Tulsa Roughnecks FC square off against the OKC Energy FC at ONEOK Field. There’s a kid’s clinic at 5:45pm before the 7pm game along with a dazzling fireworks show happening immediately afterwards. I can usually hear and see them from my house, so you know they’re huge. Learn more at https://www.roughnecksfc.com/roughnecks-schedule
Also on Saturday is the 4th Annual Route 66 Patriot Fest all along historic route 66. All sorts of classic cars and motorcycles will be cruising down route 66 along with a car and motorcycle show at the Festival Grounds at 3770 Southwest Blvd and Webster Highschool. The event will also feature music from great local artists such as Paul Benjaman Band and Randy Brumley as well food trucks, a Kidzone, and much more. Learn all about the festival at https://www.rt66patriotfest.com/
On Memorial Day, enjoy the Maple Ridge Memorial Day Run & Festival. Enjoy a 5k, and a variety of 1-mile fun runs for the kids and kids at heart. You can look up the Maple Ridge Memorial Day Run & Festival on EventBrite, or find more on a link in the transcript to this podcast on our site at https://www.oaktreestaffing.com/blog
Link to event: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/maple-ridge-memorial-day-run-festival-tickets-43006476529
That evening, enjoy Fitness On The Green at the Guthrie Green, starting with yoga at 5:30pm followed by Defend Together starting at 6:30pm. Get the full scoop at: https://www.guthriegreen.com/
Friday, May 25th
– Mike Hosty at Blackbird On Pearl
– Ryan Browning Happy Hour followed by Nightingale at The Colony
– Dean DeMerritt and Sean Al-Jibouri at Bistro at Seville
– Black Irish Texas at Mercury Lounge
Saturday, May 26th
– Beau Roberson Band at The Colony
– Pleasuredome at Soundpony
– Josh Yarbrough Band at Soul City
– Faye Moffett at Lefty’s On Greenwood
– Steamboat Bandits at Mercury Lounge
– The Melvins at Cain’s Ballroom
Sunday May 27th
– Froggy Fresh and When the Clock Strikes at The Vanguard
– Chris Combs Trio at Fassler Hall
– Dustin Pittsley & Friends Gospel Brunch at Soul City
– Mike Collective at East Village Bohemian Pizza
– and as always, Paul Benjaman’s Sunday Nite Thing at The Colony
Monday May 28th
– Seth Lee Jones at The Colony
– Mike Cameron Collective at Hodges Bend
– A Memorial Day Tribute to Veterans with Joe Wilkinson at the Oklahoma Jazz Hall of Fame
That about does it for this Memorial Day Weekend Edition of Weekend Plans in Tulsa from your friends at OakTree Staffing & Training. For a full transcript of this podcast along with links, simply visit https://www.oaktreestaffing.com/blog for more information.
Since my wife is due with a baby this coming week, we’ll just have to see about next week’s episode of Weekend Plans in Tulsa. Hopefully, you’ll forgive me if I take a week or so off. Visit OakTree’s social pages for updates and until next time, I’m Ken Lane and I hope you have a fantabulous weekend.
Music by https://soundcloud.com/psalm-trees