Subscribe to this podcast on iTunes here: http://bit.ly/weekend-plans-tulsa-itunes
Welcome to Weekend Plans in Tulsa — your car-wash length podcast that gives you a taste of what’s happening every weekend in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Before we get started, I just wanted to let you know about the career professionals at OakTree Staffing & Training. Finding a job is a job in itself — a job that few of us have tons of experience doing. At OakTree, their job hunting, so let them help you find your next position! You can learn all about them at https://www.oaktreestaffing.com/ — In the coming weeks, OakTree will also be releasing a series of videos on social media to help you get to know their wonderful team of job specialists. Like, follow, and subscribe to get to know your next career coach.
Before we hop into events, let’s see what the weather will be like this weekend.
Starting with the weather forecast in Tulsa, OK for the weekend of May 11th through the 13th, it’s beginning to feel a bit more like summer. Friday is cloudy with high of 88 and low of 71, Saturday shows a little more sun, but still partly cloudy with a high of 88 and low of 69. Sunday is still partly cloudy and a tad warmer with a high of 91 and low of 70.
Starting off with a few events happening all weekend long is German Fest at the German American Society of Tulsa. Celebrate German culture with traditional food, song and dance, art, and activities and you can learn all about it at
This is last call for Tulsa Craft Beer Week
Until Saturday May 12th, enjoy all sorts of specials and signature beers from amazing local breweries all over Tulsa. For details on where to be, visit: http://facebook.com/tulsacraftbeerweek
On Sunday May 13th enjoy Beatles vs Stones: A Musical Showdown at the Tulsa PAC – Chapman Music Hall. This touring show will also feature the Union High School String Quartet who will join the ensemble for several favorites. You can learn about the event at http://tulsapac.com/
Let’s check out what music is happening this week, starting on
Friday, May 11th
– I Love the 90s Tour w/ Vanilla Ice, Salt-N-Peppa w/ Spinderella, Rob Base, Young MC – Hard Rock Casino
– Psychostick at the Shrine
– Josh Yarbrough Band at the Colony
– Ryan McLaughlin at the Beehive Lounge
– Dane Arnold & The Soup at River Spirit Casino
Saturday, May 12th
– Squirrel Nut Zippers at the Vanguard
– The Squarshers at the Mercury Lounge
– Oklahomegrown Showcase for Cancer Sucks w/ Nicnos, Skytown, Good Villains, Weston Horn & The Hush, NoiseBleedSound and Golden Ones at Cain’s Ballroom
– Unwed Sailor, Early Day Miners, Staghorn at the Yeti
– Hosty! at the Colony
– Helmet and Prong at the Shrine
Sunday May 13th
– The Horton Records Music At Guthrie Green from 2:30pm till 6pm featuring The Whiskey Misters, The Creek Rocks along with Jacob Tovar & The Saddle Tramps.
– Brandon Clark to Mercury Lounge
– Mike Cameron Collective at East Village Bohemian Pizza
– Gnarly Davidson at Soundpony
– Paul Benjaman’s Sunday Nite Thing at the Colony
That about does it for this episode of Weekend Plans in Tulsa. For additional information about any of the events mentioned, a full transcript of this podcast with links is available at https://www.oaktreestaffing.com/blog.
Until next weekend, I’m Ken and have a wonderful weekend…and wear sunscreen!