Howdy friends and welcome to another episode of Weekend Plans in Tulsa — your sweep-the-kitchen-floor length podcast that keeps you in the know about some great events happening every weekend in beautiful Tulsa, OK.
Before we get started, I just need to pay some bills really fast by letting you know about MOC On-Demand from OakTree Staffing & Training. MOC — M-O-C, stands for “Microsoft Official Courses” On-Demand. If your team is needing to brush up on their Microsoft software skills — from Azure to Exchange, Office 365, SharePoint, SQL Server, System Center, Visual Studio, Windows Server, you name it — you can take them all online through OakTree at a *significantly* discounted rate. Each course is self-paced that you can take anytime, day or night, and the best part is that if your organization is a Microsoft customer, there’s a good chance that these classes may be free for your team. To learn more about this visit https://www.oaktreestaffing.com/training/ or you can visit https://www.oaktreestaffing.com/blog for a transcript of this podcast that contains all the events and links in this podcast. Ok, now that the bills are paid, let’s discuss events!
On Friday and Saturday, enjoy a production of Rodger’s & Hammerstein’s “Oklahoma!” performed by the all-black cast of Spinning Plates Productions. This take of the classic musical is inspired by the history of Oklahoma’s all-black towns. The show will be performed at Gilcrease Museum with additional information at http://humanities.utulsa.edu
On Friday night, comedian Bill Burr will be at the Brady Theater. Learn more at http://bradytheater.com
Bright and early Saturday morning, runners can get stretched up and head over to the T-Town Half Marathon. Runners can choose between a 5k or half marathon that will race through the streets of Downtown Tulsa. To learn more, head over to http://www.fleetfeettulsa.com
Hanging at Heirloom on Saturday starting with Jake Beeson of Clean Hands leading a graffiti workshop while painting a mural and assisting lucky participants in painting 15 pinot noir barrels. Heirloom will also provide skate rails and boxes for an open skate session (no scooters allowed) with Lessons in Fresh providing hip-hop soundtrack. For more information, head over to http://heirloomrusticales.com
Also on Saturday, the Tulsa Roughnecks will take the field against Orange County Soccer Club at ONEOK field. You can learn more at http://www.roughnecksfc.com.
– Bad Fish, Bumpin’ Uglies and Bum Lucky at Cain’s Ballroom
– Jackie Venson and Casii Stephan at Soul City
– Jazon Mraz at the Tulsa PAC – Chapman Music Hall
– Hold at the Colony
– Paul Benjaman at Mercury Lounge
– Zakir Hussain and Rakesh Chaurasia at the Tulsa PAC John H. Williams Theatre
– Monica & The Boozin’ Floozie ft. Jared Tyler & Travis Fite at the Colony
– November at the Hunt Club
– Quanstar at Soundpony
– Thieves of Sunrise and American Shadows at Mercury Lounge
– Barton & Long w/ Whiskey Misters and Steve Liddel at Blackbird On Pearl
– Zeta Chi and Kashmir at Vanguard
– Opal Agafia & The Sweet Nothings at the Shrine
– Milkywaymaps, Fly Mecha, and Dedboi at the Yeti
– Pleasuredome at the Soundpony
– Multiphonic Funk playing Tower of Power at Soul City
– Hosty at The Colony
– Brandon Clark at the Mercury Lounge
– Paul Benjaman’s Sunday Nite Thing at the Colony
That’s all we have for you this episode of Weekend Plans in Tulsa. This podcast is brought to you every week by OakTree Staffing & Training. If you’d like help finding your next amazing position or possibly finding Microsoft training for your team, look no further than OakTree Staffing & Training. You can learn more about OakTree or see a full transcript of this podcast at http://oaktreestaffing.com/
Until next time, I’m Ken and I hope you have a hoppin’ weekend.